Dental decay and gum disease are entirely preventable with good oral hygiene and diet.
Prevention is better than cure!
Good dental health begins with you. Brushing your teeth for 2 minutes twice a day, equates to nearly 24 hours of toothbrushing a year!!
To keep your mouth clean and healthy:
- Brush your teeth twice a day using fluoride toothpaste.
- Have sugary drinks and snacks less often and try to limit these to meal times.
- Use a small to medium size toothbrush with medium bristles
- For 0-3years - use a smear of toothpaste
- For 3 years+ use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste
- Use small circular movements to clean your teeth
- Change your toothbrush regularly
- Clean between your teeth with interdental aids e.g brushes or floss
- Visit your dentist regularly